May 26, 2022
5 Easy Ways to Drink More Water
Summer is here. No, we're not screaming, you are! At freebeat, we are so excited to welcome the hotter days and show off our beach bods that we have been working towards for months. However, this is also a friendly reminder to increase your water intake and stay hydrated! As we all know, water is very important for our health as our body is made up of 70% water. In addition, drinking water plays a significant role in our well-being by maintaining electrolyte balance, regulating body temperature, and promoting cell health. Today, we'd like to share 5 easy ways to drink more water every day and help those who have difficulty staying hydrated during the hot summer season. Let's check it out!
1. Set a Daily Goal and RemindersOne of the most important tips is to set a goal for daily water intake so that you can drink more water. Your goals should be based on a SMART metric, and an example of SMART water consumption might be to drink 32 ounces of water a day. What if you are forgetful? Well, there is no room for excuses! You can also use an app or alarm clock on your smartphone to remind you to drink more water to make it a habit. For example, try to set up a reminder to take a few sips of water every 30 minutes to help you increase your water intake, especially if you struggle with forgetfulness.
2. Use a Reusable Water BottleKeeping a reusable water bottle handy throughout the day can help you drink more water, especially if the bottle is cute and has trackable water intake numbers! When you're out and about, you can easily refill the bottle, and holding it in your hands can also serve as a visual reminder to drink more water. Also, a reusable water bottle is better for the environment than plastic water bottles. Drinking more water and saving the planet at the same time? Count me in!
3. Invest in a Water FilterInvesting in a water filter may not be such a bad idea. A water filter is not very expensive, and there is a filter for every budget. You can choose either a complete water filter system or an inexpensive water-filtering pitcher. Both work wonderfully! Using a water filter is inexpensive as you do not have to buy bottled water all the time, and it is also more environmentally friendly. In addition, a water filter can reduce lead and bacteria levels, making it a better and greener choice for your health.
4. Drink Water Before Each MealWant to lose weight while keeping up with your water intake? Look no further! Drinking a glass of water before each meal can help you reduce calories. Sometimes, our body can confuse thirst with hunger, so a glass of water before eating will help you tell if you are really hungry. In addition, there is another way to drink water while boosting your health by replacing your drinks like soda and Gatorade with water! Say goodbye to sugary drinks and kiss hello to your glowing skin. Yes, this is also an advantage to drinking more water, so drink up!
5. Add Flavor to Your WaterIf you don't like the taste of water or enjoy flavored drinks, you have plenty of options here. Using a fruit-infuser water bottle is a healthy option, and it's great for summer, as it refreshes and quenches your next big thirst. Another method is buying water enhancers over the counter, and they come in either powder or liquid form. However, remember to stay away from products that contain artificial sweeteners or other additives that could harm your health and lead to weight gain.
To conclude today's blog, we want to make sure you understand your fluid needs. According to the National Academy of Medicine, drinking 8 cups of water a day is recommended. Most people can simply drink water whenever they are thirsty. However, if you exercise regularly or live in a hot climate, you may need more water. You know your body best, so listen to your body, and good luck!